Great Agents Don’t Sell HousesThat may seem like a strange thing to hear when you are selecting a real estate agent to sell your house. Agents are in a service business not a commodity
Great Agents Don't Sell Houses
Dated: April 4 2021
Great Agents Don’t Sell Houses
That may seem like a strange thing to hear when you are selecting a real estate agent to sell your house. Agents are in a service business not a commodity business. The sale of a house is the result of delivering great service. First select a great agent.
What makes a great agent?
- They are problem solvers.
- They help their clients attain goals and opportunities.
- They are great project managers.
- They put their client’s interests and objectives ahead of their own.
- They are great communicators.
- They can multi-task.
- They are engaged – community, business and the eco-system of real estate.
- They empower decision making.
- They utilize resources.
- They are known by their reputation.
Is the company or brand important?
1. Most companies are branded, either on their own or through a franchise. The agent has selected the company for a number of reasons.
a. Tools and systems offered.
b. Marketing support.
c. The people in the company.
2. The company will not be your primary contact and it is highly unlikely that the brand (franchise or parent) will be directly in contact with you.
If you are selling your home marketing is a key consideration. Not all agents employ the same marketing resources or necessarily initiate the marketing on their own. It is important to know the agent’s role and initiative in designing your marketing plan and then launching the plan.
- Internet Savvy and Saturation
- Great Pictures
- Realtor Relationships
- Database of Buyers
- Market savvy
- Lead Generation
Great Agents do sell service which results in real estate sales.
It is by what they do. There is no way to make someone buy a house they do not want. If that happened, no one would be happy. They negotiate on behalf of their client keeping the objective of their clients in mind. They know that what they do on one transaction makes the difference in referrals and in the end a sustainable business.
I am the principal of the Smoke Rise Agents team. The team approach is very important to me as I believe that it is the best way to provide the highest level of service to our buyers and sellers. My....